Position: Seasonal Sales Associate - Part Time
Email resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Root is a creative space dreamed up by husband and wife team Kirk and Cassey James, consisting of a retail store and design/print studio. The co/founders together bring a combined amount of 30+ years of experience in the fashion and design industries.
The retail portion sells a medley of everyday goods made by local artisans and other independent designers. Our mission is to bring thoughtful, functional design to our local community while creating a shopping experience that’s a memorable occasion. Our goal is to be the go-to place in our community for creative minds to shop and learn.
In addition to our retail space, our design/print studio offers a full range of design and print services while serving as our personal workshop for our in-house brand. Root’s design and print services focus on stylish thoughtful design with the highest quality of craftsmanship, while offering clientele a personal hands-on experience.
How you’ll contribute:
- Make the best first impression—smile, welcome and connect with customers authentically.
- Love the brand, the downtown community, and our consumers, and have a great fashion aesthetic.
- Possess the ability to create seamless, amazing, and memorable in-store experiences and activations.
- Be creative, organized, and detail-oriented and possess a “can do attitude”.
- Have passion and enthusiasm for fashion, retail, and community building.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Prepare merchandise for purchase.
- Ticket, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Bag or package purchases and wrap gifts.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Light cleaning of shelves, tables, mirrors and floors.
- A self-starter and quick learner who will excel in an entrepreneurial retail environment and in staff training sessions.
- Provide the tools and sales acumen to drive incremental product sales to achieve monthly and quarterly targets.
- Be technically and digitally savvy, with solid understanding of social media marketing for retail and eCommerce.
- Assist in processing and replenishing—our customers should always see us at our best.
- Superior customer service skills—share feedback, insights and ideas with the management team.
- Assist in planning branded and unique events that support community interests and drive sales.
- Prioritize “need to do” over “nice to do” to drive initiatives to completion thoroughly and swiftly.
- Strong written and verbal communications
- High school diploma.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Seasonal Part-time – Approximately 20-25 hours a week; flexible availability, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Can work a computer operated Point of Sale System and is tech savvy.
- Can bend, reach, stretch as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds | 18 kilos.
- Can regularly move around all store areas and be accessible to customers.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
What we offer:
- $15/ hour.
- Seasonal work starting immediately though the end of December with potential for longer.
- A fun & welcoming work environment.
- An intimate hands-on working experience with the owners who have over 30+ years in collective fashion industry knowledge and experience.
- Insight to working with independent designers on the design and manufacturing process as well as the buying and selling side of the business from wholesale to retail.
- Shop discount.